- 15 medjool dates (or, soak 3/4 cup dried dates in boiling water then drain)
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup leftover gingerbread cookies (or replace with 1/2 cup of other nuts)
- 1/2 tsp gingerbread spice (1/4 teaspoon of Cinnamon and ginger with a pinch of nutmeg, cloves and allspice)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Extra shredded or desiccated coconut for rolling (to give it that snowy feel!)
- Prep Ingredients: Deseed the medjool dates.
- Place the dates, almonds, cookies, spice mix and vanilla extract in a food processor or stick blender.
- Blitz until all the nuts are crushed and the mix forms a dough. If mix is too dry, blitz through 1-2 tbsp of water.
- Pour the coconut into a small bowl.
- Roll dough into teaspoon sized balls and then coat with coconut.
- Place in a container and set in the fridge or freezer for at least 30mins;
- These treats will keep in the fridge for weeks – but I doubt they'll make it to the new year!