- 55g quinoa flakes, or regular quinoa, (uncooked) - I prefer the flakes
- 160ml water, 2/3 cups
- 125ml milk, 1 cup, or milk of choice
- 2ml vanilla essence, 1/2 tsp
- 2g cinnamon, 1/2 tsp
- ½ x apple, grated
- 10g sultanas, 1tbsp, can use chopped dates
- 7g honey, 1 tsp, can use maple syrup
- Rinse quinoa in a fine sieve under cold running water until the water runs clear.
- Combine the quinoa with the water in a pot over med-high heat and bring to the boil;
- Reduce the heat and cover. Cook for 10mins or until quinoa is soft.
- Add the milk, vanilla, apple & cinnamon
- Cook for another 5-10mins – until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Spoon into a bowl and top with honey or syrup.