- 1 1/2 cups cherry juice
- 1 cup dried dates
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- extra cacao powder (for rolling the balls into)
- Combine cherry juice and dates into a saucepan on moderate heat.
- Allow the mixture to reduce until dates and juice form a dough. You don't want to leave the mixture too moist as this will affect the consistency of the balls.
- When ready, remove saucepan from heat and add coconut, almond meal and cacao. This should solidify the mixture and allow for easier rolling.
- Divide mixture into 12 even portions, make into balls and roll into cacao to finish.