- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds flakes
- handful fresh parsley
- 1/2 lemon
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cucumber
- 1 can chickpeas
- Prep Ingredients: Juice 1/2 a lemon. Drain the chickpeas.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauce pan.
- Add the spices, frying them for a minute or so until you can hear gentle popping sounds.
- Stir in 500ml of boiling water, add the quinoa and gently simmer for 10-15 minutes until the water has evaporated and the quinoa grains are cooked.
- Allow to cool slightly, then stir through the almonds, tomatoes, cucumber, chickpeas parsley and the juice of ½ a lemon.
- Serve as specified in your menu.
For FODMAP friendly:
- Swap almonds for brazil nuts or macadamias
- Swap chickpeas for firm tofu (cook both sides on a fry pan)