- 1 cup small pearl tapioca
- 2 cans coconut milk (800mL)
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 - 1 cup brown sugar
- OR 1/2 - 1 cup maple syrup
- 100 - 120g vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- fruit topping of your choice e.g. berries, pineapple or passionfruit. (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan (see below for rice cooker version) over low heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Keeping saucepan on the low heat setting, gradually heat tapioca for 30-40mins. Stir Occasionally.
- Pudding is done once tapioca is plump and tender.
- Top with fruit such as berries, pineapple or passionfruit.