- 1 cup small pearl tapioca
- 2 cans of coconut milk (800mL)
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/2 - 1 cup of brown sugar (or maple syrup)
- 100-120g vanilla whey protein
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Optional: fruit for topping e.g. berries, pineapple or passionfruit.
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan (see below for rice cooker version) over low heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Keeping saucepan on the low heat setting, gradually heat tapioca for 30-40mins. Stir Occasionally.
- Pudding is done once tapioca is plump and tender.
- Top with fruit such as berries, pineapple or passionfruit.